Job Position: Sr. Programmer Analyst
Location: Lansing MI
Duration: 12 Months
Client: State of MI- Department of Transportation
This position will provide the primary maintenance and support for critical PowerBuilder applications that are client/server and/or web-based systems. The position will provide the necessary programming skills using Client/Server IDE (interactive development environment) tools to maintain and support production systems. This position may also be responsible for migration and upgrade of selected systems from a client/server environment to a web-based environment. This position may also include new development, maintenance and enhancements, which would encompass testing, implementation, and support.
· Systems Analyst capabilities with 8 or more years of experience in application design, development, and maintenance; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, performs a variety of complicated tasks, may lead and direct the work of others, may report directly to a project lead or manager, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· 5 years total development experience in one of the following languages: o PowerScript o PowerBuilder Developer v.9+
· 5 years total experience using the following development tools: o Crystal Reports o PowerBuilder ?
· 5 years’ experience in Oracle 9i/10g or newer with skills in developing database triggers, procedures, packages and functions.
· 5 years’ experience analyzing business requirements, generating project specifications, converting specifications into code, and applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
· 5 years’ experience developing technical designs in consultation with other technical experts.
· 5 years’ experience on one or more of the following design tools: o IBM Rational Rose o ERWin o Serena Prototype Composer o Microsoft Visio
· 5 years’ experience developing unit test plans, test data and scripts for application validation and verification.
· 5 years’ experience performing extensive analysis and design working on projects of all sizes that require exposure to all aspects of the project life cycle and creating and maintaining documentation in conformance with established standards.
· 5 years’ experience working with application/solution architects to set direction of design and development for application development projects.
· 5 years’ experience evaluating user requests for new programs or modified program components to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current systems, and computer capabilities.
· 5 years’ experience performing peer reviews of developed code to insure conformity to standards and design best practices.
· 3 years’ experience reviewing technical designs and specifications for completeness and conformance to quality standards, especially as a mentor to less experienced developers.
· 5 years’ experience analyzing business requirements, generating project specifications and converting them into code, and applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
· 2 years’ experience in verbal and written communication with clients in English
· Experience working with MS Office applications
· Experience working in a team environment
· 5 years’ experience working with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts
Eval User Requests
Thanks & Regards