Just a couple days ago, Devart, software development company, has released the 6.0 Beta Version of its MySQL GUI tool – dbForge Studio for MySQL
The latest version is jam-packed with completely new features. Let's take a look at some of the few most significant, and explore the following:
- Database refactoring
Now database objects can be renamed without thinking about consequences - the application will generate an update script and you'll only have to execute it to update links to the renamed object in the whole database.
- Query builder with support of DML statements and usability improvements
Working with queries was improved.
- Improved code completion
Code Completion feature now offers completely new possibilities. Devart team has done a great job to provide a stunning ease of use and effectiveness of code completion for MySQL database, as it previously did in its tools for SQL Server and Orcale.
- Automated data report delivery
This improvement allows delivering generated reports to the requested destination using one of available methods - e-mail, ftp, or shared folder.
- Code Snippets Manager
Code Templates feature was renamed to Code Snippets. New Snippets Manager allows adding new snippets and editing existing ones.
- New window docking system
You can perform different tasks on several monitors at once using one application instance.
- Application appearance improved
Devart has followed the Microsoft tendency to change application appearance. That's why they decided to add Metropolis and VS2010 skins to give application a new look.
- Data export to SQL statements
- Improved database object editors
- New features in the data comparison tool
- Support of MySQL pluggable authentication when creating a connection to MySQL server
- Support of Windows authentication when creating a connection to MySQL server
If you are impressed well enough download
dbForge Studio for MySQL Beta and don't forget to leave your feedback.