Whoohoo! I think I may have found the problem, I added the reference “Microsoft Remote Data Services Server 6.0 Library” and I have ran the Word outputs several times from different computers and no errors! The only people using this term server setup is the people who have not upgraded to Office 2010 and that was the only people having this issue of it locking up and multiple Winword instances. The database runs fine for everyone else. We basically used a form and some VB
defining what we wanted Access to create and then it makes a Word document from a single blank template, otherwise I would have a hundred different templates to contend with which would have been a pain every time someone wanted to make a change.