I was finally able to resolve my problems, and I'm hoping that the information I provide here will assist someone:
1. Uninstall Oracle client, removing folder C:\Oracle
2. Remove all Oracle entries found in the registry under Hkey_Local_Machine.
3. Enter registry and navigate to HKeyLM\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock. Delete the Winsock Key.
4. Navigate to HKeyLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2. Delete the Winsock2 key.
5. Uninstall TCP/IP - Reason is because the winsock libary is corrupted and as a result Oracle cannot resolve your tns entries properly. After uninstall restart pc.
6. Reinstall TCP/IP
7. Reinstall Oracle and perform the necessary configuration.
After you've done the necessary configuration, everything should be ok.
If you encounter any problems, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
, and I would be more than happy to assist you in resolving any issues relating to this problem.