Thread: Refresh Form

Unanswered: Refresh Form

I have a Main Form with 2 tabs. One of the tabs has a datasheet form that lists all record. The other has the details of the record depending on what is selected in the list. My problem is that when I add a new record I cannot see it on the details tab until I close the app and reload. It is on the list tab alright. I have tried requery everywhere. i am getting desperate at this stage. Any help please!! I am using Access 2003 Project

Try using .Requery or .Refresh for the main form or subforms in the AfterUpdate event of the subform that you are adding records to.

If you can post a sample file with some dummy data, I'd be glad to take a look at it for you.
    http://AccessDB.Info

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. - Douglas Adams

Attached is some of the tables and the forms. Just enter notes in the estimate and click save that should be enough. I am using Access Projects so I'm not sure if the tables are included.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can't open it, what version of Access are you using? I have Access 2000, if it is XP/2002 I will have to open it from home later today.

Access 2003. I have also tried to add a button on either the main form or on the details tab to move on to the next/previous etc rec but I cannot get it to work. I have tried a recordset clone and find and move next but I cannot get it to move.
    Last edited by livvie; 06-03-04 at 13:06.

Can you convert it to either Access 2002 or Access 2000 and post it again?

Will do but it will be tomorrow OK.

Here it is in Access 2000
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think I have it solved now. I hadn't reset DataEntry to False. Now I just have the next button problem. Any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by livvie
    Access 2003. I have also tried to add a button on either the main form or on the details tab to move on to the next/previous etc rec but I cannot get it to work. I have tried a recordset clone and find and move next but I cannot get it to move.

livvie, did you add the CommandButtons to your form with the Wizards???

Bud

yeah does that make any difference. I tried it using the add a new rec method and also just added it and did the code myself.