Unanswered: Rule based database

Here is my dilemma :
    I am building a test case db. My Goal is to have an initial form that shows the initial state of the circuits ; then a failure form that shows what I want to do to the initial state; then a verification form that will logically reveal the results.

Here are the rules that it is based on:
    Normal + Normal = Normal
    Normal + Fail = Fail
    Normal + Unknown = Unknown
    Fail + Fail = Fail
    Fail + Unknown = Fail
    Unknown + Unknown = Unknown
    Primary + Fail = Secondary

Each State will equal a record.
    Initial State 1 = record 1 and all buttons are set to normal

Then I want to mix and match the Initial records with the Failure records and get the results in the verification form.
    Right now you have to answer Parameter values when you click on the circuit. I would like to have those values pulled and compared against the rules then the appropriate results automatically filled in on the verification form.
    So, when the user goes into the verification form and enters their selection of Initial case 1001 and Failure case 2003 the results would fill in for them automatically.

Then print out a report of those findings.
    Also on the report - I do not want any “boxes” to show that are remaining in the normal state. I want it to appear blank.

Piece of Cake!!!!

Here is a copy of my db and what I have done so far.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmmmmm.....

Red face

Am I trying to do the impossible?

Not impossible...just difficult to really understand what you are trying to do. There are specific reasons as to why any condition needs to be met. I personally find it difficult to understand the conditional requirements since I don't understand the particular items I am checking the conditions for.

A much more detailed emplaination will be required.