Unhappy Unanswered: VBA & Acces error 0xfffffff8

I have developed some applications in VBA in Access. I have often been getting the same error message: Instruction at 0x77f59357 can not be read. Referenced memory at 0xfffffff8 could not be read. Once the message box displays this information, Access is immediately terminated and shut down. Does anyone know how to fix this error? Thanks so much for your help!

If it's a MDE file, I think your hooped....but...if it's in MDB format then try to do this and see if you can find the error within the code;

Open your database while holding down the SHIFT key. Don't let go of the SHIFT key until you see the database window.

Now open any code module into the VB Editor.

While in the VBEditor...Select the Debug | Compile yourdatabasename memu item. This should find your problem if it's code that is causing it (and it usually is).

Sussex, England

Fatal Error

I've had similar problems in the past. I'm not too sure if there's one cause, but on at least one occasion I've traced it back to a form that has become completely corrupted, beyond the stage were compact and repair will work. Sometimnes its been a case of deleteing the form completely and rebuilding it from memory, other times deleting it and imperting everhting else into a new, blank, database.

The compile method didn't work for me in those cases, but I suspect there can be more than one cause for this problem.