Unanswered: create database with db2 cli

I am writing a program with db2 cli in order to access db2 database. It can support operations such as insert, delete... but except create database. I can't use the SQLExecDirect() function when it didn't connect to the database. If connected, it can't create a new database when it is connected to an exist database. What should I do? Is it possible for me to do that? Thanks very much!

The reason you are not able to create a database using SQLExecDirect() is because CREATE DATABASE is a command and not a SQL Statement ...

You should be able to invoke the Create database as a OS command (db2 create database ..... ) after attaching to the instance ...

HTH

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s
    The reason you are not able to create a database using SQLExecDirect() is because CREATE DATABASE is a command and not a SQL Statement ...

You should be able to invoke the Create database as a OS command (db2 create database ..... ) after attaching to the instance ...

HTH

Sathyaram
    I can use CREATE DATABASE in the command line processor, but how did I create database by my program. I am a beginner and can you mention it in details? Thanks very much~~