Thread: E-Mail Merge

Talking Unanswered: E-Mail Merge

I currently have database set up with so that the user types the first name, last name and persons email address into a form and then at the end of the day, they click a button that hyperlinks them the appropriate Word document to do an email merge. Is there a way that I can automate the process a little better and remove the hyperlink and just have the user click a button in Access without ever going directly to Word and sending out the emails? Sending the email as a snapshot of a report is not an option.

I will also need it to input the person's First and Last Name into the body according to what is in my table, similar to the <<Greeting Line>> function in Word's mail merge. I would also like to use Outlook to send the emails.

Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by mr. blonde; 06-04-04 at 10:29.

Question I really need help!!!!!!!!

Can anyone help me with this? I am sure there is a way to do it with the cmd.sendobjects VBA code but I am having problems.

Hi, would it help having an option to save the form/report as PDF using a tool that includes email functionality? I am about to try this myself one of these days. Could be worth a look,

- or search yourself at Google, using for example:
    "free pdf print"
    (without the quotes)