Thread: Hide Records

Unanswered: Hide Records

I have a service related database. I have place a text box on a form called "status". The data in the status text box is either "open" or "complete". When the status shows complete, I would like to hide that record. I would also like to place a command button that reverses the procedure and displays all hidden records.
    Any suggestions.

Is there a field in your table that says 'open' or 'complete'? If so, just set the criteria in your query to exclude any records where that field name is "complete". Is this what you need?

Hide records

I realize that I could create a query to accomplish this, however I just want to accomplish this only on a form.

Quote Originally Posted by jor47
    I realize that I could create a query to accomplish this, however I just want to accomplish this only on a form.
    Are you saying that you have a TextBox where you have to manually Input the words "COMPLETE" or "OPEN" ??? Why not have a ComboBox or a CheckBox or something to that effect? That would make it easy.
    Are you also saying that you want to make that record GoAway as soon as you type either word in it?
    As suggested a Query would be a good place to do that along with a CheckBox or something, then you can make the form ReQuery when you check that box and also have the query to not show it again until you either Remove the check or Code it with a CommandButton. If you post a sample I would be glad to try to help you out. It is something simple.

Bud

The above replies are good advice....create a Yes/No field into your table and name it Completed. And then place something similar to the line below into the RecordSource property of your form:

Code:
    SELECT * FROM myTableName WHERE myTableName.Completed = 0
    or something like that (it's late... )

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jor47
    Thanks everyone.
    you're more than welcome. hope everything works out swell. Hiya CyberLynx

Bud