Thread: Combo - Seach

Red face Unanswered: Combo - Seach

Hello,

Does anybody knows how I can use a combo to search?
    I was using a parameter on the query so that I could select the data I want. But I was asked to do that using the combo, for example, I select the name of a person and all her data is displayed...

TkS!

Atha
    Atha

Hi Atha,

Assuming you have a form already designed you eliminate the Parameter in your query. In Form/DesignView Click on the ToolBox (Click to turn on your Wizards)and Click on the ComboBox button. Click on your form where you want that to be placed and follow the wizards. Choose the FirstSelection (I want the Combo Box to look up the values....) Click NEXT. Click to Queries OptionButton. Click NEXT and Select the Field you want to pull the data from. (this being the field you initially had the Parameter set in). Click NEXT and the NEXT, then select the OptionButton for (remember the value for later use). Click NEXT, name your ComboBox and Click finish and you're done.

give it a whirl and if you have problems come back and will try to assist further.

Bud

Combo - Search

Bud...

I followed your instructions... The combo works... But the other controls don't follow what I select on this combo...
    What Am I missing??

Atha
    Atha

Quote Originally Posted by atha
    Bud...

I followed your instructions... The combo works... But the other controls don't follow what I select on this combo...
    What Am I missing??

Atha
    Hi again Atha,

If you could Zip and Post your database I will take a look at it and see if I can fix it for you. Or make a dummy copy of it and post.

Bud

Red face

Let's try then Bud...

I left only one form for better understanding...
    I want the combo to select all the information of a choosen user...

Atha
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Atha