Thumbs down Unanswered: Listener problem

Unti a few days ago, everything was working fine (database, listener, etc). Now, when i try to connect via connect string, the TNSLSNR (listener) hangs GPF and shuts down the listener service (Windows 2000 Professional). I doesn´t insatlled anything new on the computer. Deleted everything related to ORACLE, reinstalled database, listener (a few times), and still doesn´t work. Can anyone help me ?

Find the Listener.log ... It may be quite large ... orahome..\network\log
    and see what it says. If it's too large, delete it, then try and start the listener. It will create a new log for you ...

Also, try from command prompt.
    lsnrctl
    lsnrctl> start
    What happens ???

You said that you did not install anything on the server... But do you have automatic updates ??? I have seen where a Windows update keep a service from starting ... (fixed one last week). By deinstalling the Windows patch, it took care of everything (patch # 835732)

HTH
    Gregg

In the command prompt, when i try to execute lsnrctl start, it starts the Listener and then hangs GPF instantly.

Thanks for your suggestion of the patch (don´t know if the server has it).
    I don´t think that the server have automatic update insatlled.

Thanks

Hi.

Apparently the problem is solved. Seems that the patch # 835732 was the problem. Deinstalled it and doesn´t hangs GPF.

Thanks a lot.

Glad it worked out ... I guess it's another case of Microsoft trying to be TOO helpful !!!