Unanswered: Oracle DBA Certification

Dear DBforums members:

I want to get Oracle DBA certified. I want some advise on how to find a good training school on Oracle certification training. I live in Bayarea California.

My definition of good school is that they offer regular class sessions, qualified Oracle DBA instructors who will provide good knowledge and guidance to the students.

If you know some good resources (websites etc), please inform me.

Another question I have is how to get certificated without spending big bucks. Oracle DBA certification has two parts: OCA and OCP. According to Oracle website, in order to get certificated, you have to take some lessons from ORACLE certificated schools. I am thinking taking OCA exam on my own, and go to school for OCP.

Please share you experiences with me, I appreciate you suggestions and advises!

sjgrad03
    6-06-04

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >Please share you experiences with me
    If you have little or no previous Oracle experience, don't bother.
    An OCP with no experience stands almost no chance to get hired as a DBA.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

I don't know much about taking classes or going to school for the certification, though all options are there and can be done.

However, I can suggest a real good books to pass the Oracle 9i Certification.
    It is the
    OCP 9I Certification Kit ( IZ0-007, IZ0-031, IZ0-032, IZ0-033) from Sybex publications. They cover all 4 exams. At least one instructor led course at Oracle or from and oracle partner is mandatory. Check the reviews of this book from book purchasing web sites. I did this and found it to be very impressive