Unanswered: Last 24 hours report

I have a database written in access 97.
    One of the field stored in the database is the date
    I would like to report the entries for the last 24 hours.
    What I did is I created a query and I sorted by decending date. This works because I see the new entries on top. However, the report shows all the rest of the entries.
    How can I customize the report to automatically (without typing date range) to show the data for the last 24 hours.
    Thank you.

You don't need to sort your records at all. you should add a calculated field to your query something like this:
    Difference: Datediff("h", yourdatefield, now())

then enter this line as criteria for the calculated field: <24
    what you do here is creating a calculated field which calculates the time difference between your datefield and current time in hourly interval then checks if it is less than 24.
    ghozy.

Do not use calculated field with datediff -function, it could make full scan into to table. If you want see datediff-values, it's ok, but don't use it in criteria.

Put in date field crieteria >DateAdd("h";-24;Now())

Example:
    SELECT DatesTable.OwnDate
    FROM DatesTable
    WHERE (((DatesTable.OwnDate)>DateAdd("h",-24,Now())));

I agree, seems like a better apporach.
    ghozy.

mmmmmm when I entered this command
    >DateAdd("h";-24;Now())
    in the criteria field under Start Date field, I can not save the query. I am using access 97.

Here is what I have in the original query:
    ========================
    SELECT [Saved Maintenance Log].[Input Date], [Saved Maintenance Log].[Input Time], [Saved Maintenance Log].[Start Date], [Saved Maintenance Log].[Start Time], [Saved Maintenance Log].[Work Time], [Saved Maintenance Log].Mechanic1, [Saved Maintenance Log].Mechanic2, [Saved Maintenance Log].Mechanic3, [Saved Maintenance Log].Mechanic4, [Saved Maintenance Log].Group, [Saved Maintenance Log].Area, [Saved Maintenance Log].Line, [Saved Maintenance Log].Equipment, [Saved Maintenance Log].Type, [Saved Maintenance Log].Item, [Saved Maintenance Log].Task
    FROM [Saved Maintenance Log]
    ORDER BY [Saved Maintenance Log].[Start Date] DESC;

======================

Try copying this sql:
    SELECT [Saved Maintenance Log].[Input Date], [Saved Maintenance Log].[Input Time], [Saved Maintenance Log].[Start Date], [Saved Maintenance Log].[Start Time], [Saved Maintenance Log].[Work Time], [Saved Maintenance Log].Mechanic1, [Saved Maintenance Log].Mechanic2, [Saved Maintenance Log].Mechanic3, [Saved Maintenance Log].Mechanic4, [Saved Maintenance Log].Group, [Saved Maintenance Log].Area, [Saved Maintenance Log].Line, [Saved Maintenance Log].Equipment, [Saved Maintenance Log].Type, [Saved Maintenance Log].Item, [Saved Maintenance Log].Task
    FROM [Saved Maintenance Log]
    WHERE ((([Saved Maintenance Log].[Start Date])>DateAdd("h",-24,Now())));

(I change only last row in sql-clause)

What error message you get, when you try to save query?

Excellent. The SQL code you gave me works very well. Thank you for the help.