Thread: Transfer Data

Unanswered: Transfer Data

Is there a way to transfer data from one database to another? They are exactly alike but they are not replicas. I tried Access Data transfer assistant 2003 but its slow and glitchy. Anyone know how i can do this?

Have you tried using a remote append query...

When you set it up you have the option of appending to a table in another database.

Either that or from code you could use the DoCmd.TransferDatabase command to transfer tables or queries to another db,

Hope this helps

I use linked table, delete and append querys.
    I have table where I have listed my updatable tables.
    I made own code that link table and using that linked table delete old data and then insert new data.

I don't know is it fast, but it't simple and working automatically every day.

"Your below statement, do you have that on a timer???
    Jmayo

I use linked table, ....

Yes, I have timer routine where I tell form name, timer setup (every day, every 2 hours, what weekday...), output filename, output format, priority number etc. and forms fields values.

When I create something (report, exporting, importing, send pdf...) what I want timer, I create form and put there fields what I need when run it with timer...Users could use same form if they need some report or something else what ever I have put in form.

I have one machine where I run this common timer routine about 20 hour a day, so that not interrupt users or my job. It close itself every night on timer when our erp database is down and then it compact my access database and startup timer again.

Yes, I would use the Transferdatabase method.

Your code sounds cool. Not sure I understand exactly what its doing.
    Are you willing to pass a sample to me..
    thx
    jm