Unanswered: Making linked table local (w/ query)

I have a linked (from another access dbase) table on which a number of queries depend. Is there any way to convert this linked table to to local without deleting the original linked table? If I delete it, I wind up with holes in my queries which I have to painstakingly repair.

Thanks,

Matt

Could you explain a bit more.
    Like is the file currently on a network linked to another file on the network.
    And why you need to move locally and what you need to move locally...
    thanks
    jm
    jm

Smile

Both files (one is payroll; the other is employees) are local on my computer. Each access database file started out separately and, as time passed, I ended up importing data and tables both directions. This slowed things down and confused the flow. So, I decided to merge the smaller database into the larger. It will make it larger, but so far size is not an issue. That's a future issue...

I was provided the answer to my question from another source. First, its true that one must delete the original linked table before importing the same table under the same name. 2nd, its also true that if you delete a table on which a query depends, the query expressions will drop and you have to repair it. The key is: don't open/ run the query until you've imported the new table (identical in structure since its the same table that was previously linked) and saved it with the same name. The queries will be fine. If you open/ run a query after deleting the original (as I had done to see if they would be affected), they look for their sources and fail.

Thanks!

Yep, I was going to say just don't open the queries or reports.
    First import, it will give it a name of _1 or _1 then rename the old one
    _OLD then rename the new the original source the queries are looking at.
    Then you are set to go.
    jm
    jm