Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    33

    Unhappy Unanswered: SNIPED sessions...

    Hi all...

    I'm having an Oracle 9i server in Win2k server...
    Users are connecting to the db using JDBC thin client. But after the transaction the each session will be inactive.... but if u query v$session its still existing...

    So I have created a profile and assigned idle_time and assigned to the user as I got reply from my earlier query in this forum.... I haven't set the connect_time since it is already set in the app server... so I set only idle_time.

    after the idle_time is reached, the status of the particular inactive session changes to SNIPED... but still it is not allowing more sessions if the max session parameter is reached...

    Killing INACTIVE/SNIPED session is impractical since it usually comes more than 200...

    Is there any option to get rid of those sessions which is inactive or sniped ??

    Thanks in advance,
    Papps...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenville, SC (USA)
    Posts
    1,155
    Ensure that you have
    resource_limit=true
    in your initxxx.ora file .... That way, the profile timeouts should work. I had a similar situation at 1 of my client's sites and profile with timeout solved it ... just as you are doing...

    HTH
    Gregg

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    106
    We had a situation where the java programmers where opening cursors, but because of their application, the cursor would not get closed when a user whould exit the browser rather than pressing a 'close' button. This left the inactive sessions until the max sessions was reached. Look for places in the application where the user is not 'completing' a transaction.
    "Take Control!
    Make The Choice!
    Accept The Consequences!
    Deal With The Results! "

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    33
    Thanks for the replies...

    But I have already set the resource_limit value to true in the parameter file...

    Also this db is in a developing environment...
    Papps...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •