Unhappy Unanswered: SNIPED sessions...

Hi all...

I'm having an Oracle 9i server in Win2k server...
    Users are connecting to the db using JDBC thin client. But after the transaction the each session will be inactive.... but if u query v$session its still existing...

So I have created a profile and assigned idle_time and assigned to the user as I got reply from my earlier query in this forum.... I haven't set the connect_time since it is already set in the app server... so I set only idle_time.

after the idle_time is reached, the status of the particular inactive session changes to SNIPED... but still it is not allowing more sessions if the max session parameter is reached...

Killing INACTIVE/SNIPED session is impractical since it usually comes more than 200...

Is there any option to get rid of those sessions which is inactive or sniped ??

Thanks in advance,
    Papps...

Ensure that you have
    resource_limit=true
    in your initxxx.ora file .... That way, the profile timeouts should work. I had a similar situation at 1 of my client's sites and profile with timeout solved it ... just as you are doing...

HTH
    Gregg

We had a situation where the java programmers where opening cursors, but because of their application, the cursor would not get closed when a user whould exit the browser rather than pressing a 'close' button. This left the inactive sessions until the max sessions was reached. Look for places in the application where the user is not 'completing' a transaction.
    "Take Control!
    Make The Choice!
    Accept The Consequences!
    Deal With The Results! "

Thanks for the replies...

But I have already set the resource_limit value to true in the parameter file...

Also this db is in a developing environment...
    Papps...