Unanswered: using a more recent JDBC driver for DB2 for V7.2

I am using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver with DB2 version 7.2 on Windows 2000.

It does not support some of the functionality I need with a third-party package. Can I use a slightly later version of DB2 driver? If yes, how and where do I find/get such a driver? What will be the driver-class/jar name etc?

I don't need to be as recent as JDBC 3.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    JDBC driver comes as a part of DB2 client software. To get a later fixpack version you'll need to download and install DB2 client package (you'll only need runtime client).

The drivers have to be at the same fixpack level as the rest of the client components.

Never copy the jdbc driver packages to an alternate location or copy the driver from a different level of the product

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I appreciate your responses:

I was at DB2 7.2 (without FixPack). Then I installed FixPack 12. That bumped the DB2 level from 7.2.0 to 7.2.9, but didn't get me the feature the third-party application needs: It throws exception when trying to:

con.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY, ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);

Is this level of functionality simply not available at 7.2 level? Will this require me to go to DB2 V8? How can I find out?

Thanks