Unanswered: Msaccess has generated Errors....

We are currently experiencing this error msg intermittently on windows 2000 workstations when trying to run reports in Access 97. The reports are on a 2000 member server which has links to SQL DBs. The error msg is Msaccess has generated errors and will be closed an error log is being generated. I have found that this appends to the drwatson log a error c000005 access violation has occurred. Wondering since the problem is starting to crop up on more and more reports could it be caused by opportunistic file locking on the 2000 server. As a test we have updated some of the access DBs to 2000 and ran okay even on a machine that still gives error on 97 (followed MS to install multiple versions of access)

did you ever find out the answer to this question? i am experiencing the same issue on my w2k dev box running a97 .... please tell me something that can assist me in convincing my manager to upgrade all our boxes to a2003

thanks

Here is my referral link. To help me get my iPod, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15382103

try repairing and compacting the database. You can also create a new database and the copy all the objects across to the new database - which is what would happen when you upgraded the database to 2000.

The database can get corrupted over time andf should be repaired on a regular basis.
    Justin

thanks for the info justin!

mike