Unanswered: Report date design question

Alrighty.. I am making a report that displays some information based on each fiscal year. I need my report to show something like this:

Fiscal Year 1997 (July 1, 1997 through June 30, 1998)

Seminar Type Attendees .........>other data
    --------------------------------------
    SeminarType2 20
    SeminarType1 33

Fiscal Year 1998 (July 1, 1998 through June 30, 1999)

Seminar Type Attendees .......> other data
    --------------------------------------
    SeminarType2 23
    SeminarType1 34
    etc...

How do I get my report to show each fiscal year then show the records for that fiscal year, then show the next fiscal year and its records all on the same page?

Wow you're lucky. I just figured out to do this today, but I dont know if it will work for a fiscal year.

Is your report ran from a query? (If so then you will be able to do something of what you are wanting). If not I am sure there is another way.

Let me know if that is the case and I will tell you how to get it to the point I know.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Yeah, It is run from a query. The query is a total of all the data. But I could always write another one which is called each time with a different date or something.

Heh. Just throw my previous question away. lol I messed up. Now to fix your problem to the best of my knowledge...

Open your form in design mode.
    Click the Sorting and Grouping button in your toolbar.
    (or right click and goto Sorting and Grouping)
    In the field expression select the appropriate date field.
    Click the Group On field and select yearly.

That should group all of your dates by year. Now your only problem is to get it to do it for your fiscal year. I am not sure exactly how you could go about getting an answer for that.

I hope that has helped you some... let me know how it goes maybe I will come up with something else .

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Okay cool that is getting me someplace. I will try and figure out how to get the date for the fiscal year. Now I just have one more question.

My seminars are ordered by their type. and there are 5 or 6 types. Now for each date period I want it to just display each seminar type once then show the total number of attendees for all of the seminars of that type. I run into a problem though when I include the date information because it will show each seminar type once for every seminar. This make any sense? How do I get around this?

I guess I want to be able to look at the records date info but not include it or something.. AHH. . so confusing
    Last edited by lskuff; 06-09-04 at 19:24.