Question Unanswered: Export Chart in Access To Excel

Hi,

Does anybody know how to export a chart in Access Report to an Excel file.
    I had been trying to export it, but everytime the excel is blank.

Please help!

Thanks & Regards,
    oks

As I understand it you can only export data and not actual images (which the graph is), so as far as I know you can't.

You could of course export the chart data and try to control excel thru access..................off now to find a dark corner and hide

ok, thanks.
    Was thinking of doing this way too.
    But that will take some time for me to get it done in excel!

Hi,
    by fully automating the export of chart from access to excel seems not possible.. but you can manually get it done by copying the chart result as a form and you can export the form to excel..

Maybe you can try to work towards this direction..

I used to do pivot tables/charts and charts from excel basing on data in the database. I create queries for excel to the pull the info from and refresh the data..

just my suggestions..

cheers!
    Cyherus

Hi Cyherus,

I'm already trying to work by exporting my data to excel and using an excel macro to create the chart.

But now I had another problem which is that, I'm allowing my users to check on some checkbox inorder to select certain fields.
    e.g. (x) id (x) lastName ( ) firstName (x) position
    select id, lastName, position from tmpTable;
    Currently my program will then create the sql statement and amend the sql statement of the chart. (No query is created, only sql staetment is used)

But now that I'm exporting the data, is there any build in functions that I can use to export the data? Or do I have to use recordset and the "Open file" statement to download the data?

Thanks & Regards,
    oks

oks, you can try using transferspreadsheet function.. and you can pass an sql statement to this function instead of a table or query name, the result will be exported to excel.

if you are going to use macros in excel to create the charts, do you think pivot table can help? you need not have the data in excel, it can pull directly from the database. just that u may need to have the queryin the db.. for me, pivot tables are neater and require less programming..

Cyherus

Hi Cyherus,
    Had tried your method using the transferspreadsheet function, but its giving me "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object SELECT id FROM tmpTable;. Make sure the object exists and that you spell the path & name correctly."

As for using the pivot table, I have no idea how to use it!
    With the pivot table, I will be able to export the chart?

Thanks & Regards
    oks

hey oks, sorry. I just checked and no, cannot simply specify SQL statements, have to use query. but you can create/update an existing query (basing on SQL statements) right? update the query, save it and then export using transferspreadsheet.

you can search for help in excel about pivot tables and chart, it's easy.

Cyherus