Angry Unanswered: Not saving a + sign????

I have a added two new fields to my website, where users will have the ability to enter any character from a standard keyboard.

I will post my code so somebody could look at it,as it seems to be able to save every charc. but the + sign,don't know what is happening there

I am using sql 2000

Fields are DONATIONNUMBER and BLOODGROUP

function SaveDetails()
    {
    var szRedirect

if (window.thisForm.HospitalID.value == '' ||
    window.thisForm.EnteredMonth.value == '' ||
    window.thisForm.EnteredYear.value == '' ||
    window.thisForm.ProductID.value == '' ||
    window.thisForm.FateID.value == '' ||
    window.thisForm.UnitsDiscarded.value == '' ||
    window.thisForm.DonationNumbers.value == '' ||
    window.thisForm.BloodGroup.value == '' ||
    window.thisForm.CompiledBy.value == '' ||
    window.thisForm.DateCompleted.value == '')
    {
    window.alert("You must enter all the fields in order to submit the data! Partial details cannot be stored!");
    return
    }

szRedirect = "HOSPITALID=" + escape(window.thisForm.HospitalID.value);
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&ENTEREDMONTH=" + escape(window.thisForm.EnteredMonth.options(window .thisForm.EnteredMonth.selectedIndex).text + ' ' +
    window.thisForm.EnteredYear.options(window.thisFor m.EnteredYear.selectedIndex).text);
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&PRODUCTID=" + escape(window.thisForm.ProductID.value);
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&FATEID=" + escape(window.thisForm.FateID.value);
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&UNITSDISCARDED=" + window.thisForm.UnitsDiscarded.value;
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&COMPILEDBY=" + escape(window.thisForm.CompiledBy.value);
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&DATECOMPLETED=" + window.thisForm.DateCompleted.value;
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&DONATIONNUMBERS=" + escape(window.thisForm.DonationNumbers.value);
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&BLOODGROUP=" + escape(window.thisForm.BloodGroup.value)
    window.navigate("Submit.asp?" + szRedirect);

}

------------------------------------------------------------

Call myCon.Execute ("INSERT INTO Bloodbank.dbo.Units (HospitalID, DateEntered, ProductID,FateID, UnitsDiscarded, DateCompleted, " & _
    "CompiledBy, DonationNumbers,BloodGroup) VALUES ( " & _
    BuildString(Request.queryString("HospitalID").item ) & "," & _
    BuildString(Request.QueryString("EnteredMonth").it em) & ", " & _
    BuildString(Request.QueryString("ProductID").item) & "," & _
    BuildString(Request.queryString("FateID").item) & "," & _
    Request.QueryString("UnitsDiscarded").item & ", GETDATE(), " & _
    BuildString(unescape(Request.QueryString("Compiled By").item)) & "," & _
    BuildString(unescape(Request.QueryString("Donation Numbers").item)) & "," & _
    BuildString(unescape(Request.QueryString("BloodGro up").item)) & ")")

Call myCon.Close

What am I doing wrong, or not doing at all?

Thanks and regards

Is the + getting escaped out in your querystring perhaps and thus you lose it??

Drop some debugging into you code to determine exactly where it gets lost.

Quote Originally Posted by zobernjik
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&DONATIONNUMBERS=" + escape(window.thisForm.DonationNumbers.value);
    szRedirect = szRedirect + "&BLOODGROUP=" + escape(window.thisForm.BloodGroup.value)
    Looks like your problems might be rooted in the "escape" function of JavaScript. The purpose of this function is to convert non-alphabetic characters to a hexidecimal code. A + sign would be converted to the value %2B.

Is there a reason you're using JS to build a querystring instead of posting the values through the form? You could even use "GET" instead of "POST" in your form to convert the submission into a querystring automatically...

edit
    I accidentally gave you the decimal value of 43 instead of the hex value of 2B...
    Last edited by Seppuku; 06-11-04 at 12:19.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.