Question Unanswered: Hex output from Access 2000

I have a requirement to generate output records from a MS Access 2000 with TRUE EBCDIC hex values (low-values and high-values) so that an IBM mainframe can process them. I realize that low-values and high-values are tied more to COBOL output but I would have thought that someone else had gone down this road. I've looked all over and can't find a 'true' ascii to hex conversion routine supported by Access or VBA Script or VB, etc, etc, etc. If ANYONE could point me in the right direction I'd be forever grateful. After discussing this with some other developers, I don't even know if this is possible with Access.

TIA,

Brad McLeod
    netwatchby2@yahoo.com

I think you can use Hex() function to generate hex strings from decimal numbers ijn VBA.
    ghozy.

Hex output from Access 2000

The Hex() function is for displaying an ASCII value in Hex format - Not for actually creating/storing a Hex value. IOW, 'FF' is the hex value for 256 in ASCII. When you look at this value in an ASCII editor, it should be represented by '..' not 'FF' . COBOL programs generate these values in EBCIDIC format for submission to mainframes. This is what I need to do. Sorry if I confused you.

TIA,

Brad Mc.

sorry, I misunderstood. but here is a link from microsoft web site which you can find a conversion function between ascii and EBCIDIC:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

hopefuly might fix some of your problems.
    ghozy.

That's the ticket! I can't believe that I missed this one:-0 I appreciate it!

Brad Mc.