Unanswered: SQL agent backup failed. Help!!!

Hi All,

I got SQL agent backup failed problem which took me 2 days , but still couldn't figure out, so tired. Help please!!!

2 days ago,the database was using my domain account to logon both SQL server and SQL agent, the backup jobs worked good. Since I changed db to another domain account which has same permission as mine at both SQL server box and database, but almost all jobs got failed except "check integrity", and the error is "The job failed. The Job was invoked by User rose. The last step to run was step 1 (Step 1).". I checked the log files and backup report, could't get any clues, and I switch domain account back to mines, it works good . But my boss required me using another domain account , what should I do? HELP!!!

Provided Answers: 54
    When you are looking at the Job History in SQL Enterprise Mangler, at the top left of the window check the box labled "Show step details". This will expand the failure message and give you more details about exactly what failed and why it failed.

-PatP

"The job failed. The Job was invoked by User rose. The last step to run was step 1 (Step 1). This is coming from there. What does mean?

When you click the Show step detail checkbox, more detail will appear below the message you've posted. What does that detail say?

-PatP

Sorry, the more detail is " Executed as user: jsong. sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22029). The step failed." , what sqlmaint.ext does?

This smells like KB#326485 to me, although it should then fail for all users.

In any event, you should see KB#288577 for more details on how to find and fix your problem.

-PatP

Thanks. I'll try to looking at.