I have built a Report that list several names in Alphabetical order. Since the names were not entered that way (that is in alphabetical order) I cannot use the auto number from the key field to number each record on the report sequentially. I want each record to have a number beside it for example if I had a table with John, Steven and Rob in it I want the report to show
Having the names appear in alphabetical order is already done. Adding the correct number in front of each record on the report is where I am having the trouble. I am sure this is easy but I could use your help. Thanks
- Go into your report (in Design view).
- Add a small TextBox to the left of your name field in the report.
- Delete the label for this added TextBox and set the BorderStyle to Transparent if you like.
- Under the Data tab in the properties window for this new TextBox, make sure the RunningSum property is set to Over Group.
- In the Control Source property for this added TextBox, make sure you type in =1