Thread: jpg to gif

Unanswered: jpg to gif

I have a table with 500 pictures as .jpg files. I want to convert them to .gif files. Do I have to convert them to .gif files first on my desktop and then drag and drop all the pictures again to the table or is there another way to do this?

Thanks,
    DH

I don't know of any way other than the long way of changing them one at a time. you may want to take a look at download.com perhaps there is a small 3rd party ap that changes image files in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by metalbard
    I don't know of any way other than the long way of changing them one at a time. you may want to take a look at download.com perhaps there is a small 3rd party ap that changes image files in bulk.
    Figured!! I need to add about 1000 pictures and I am sure the database size is going to exceed 2gb. I thought since .gif are smaller in size, I could work with them. Do you have any suggestions?

P.S. I cannot use hyperlinks!!

Thanks,

DH

im really new at playing with access but I've been using image manipulation software for a while. When you start dealing with your pics if your looking for just a reference (a pic of your thingies in your inventory) Shrink down the DPI and the total image size however if your looking to have your stuff saved for Print output as well thin that crates a problem. I have found that with most good printers any thing under 600 dpi at standard size gets pixilated. if your planning on doing oversized printing your gona need at least 1200 I normally use 2400 DPI for anything over 20"x20" and get but even in gif they become huge 1+ meg each.

If your going to convert your files any way get an image program shrink your DPI and overall size down to something a little bigger than a thumbnail. perhaps a actual size 2.5"x 3" pic. set it at 120 dpi and crop out all excess stuff you don't need in the picture. I haven't played with it myself to find out but I have seen on several threads where people have claimed RGB is smaller than CYMA you may want to play with that as well. If time is an issue Just make the image a smaller DPI and crop out stuff you don't need this should help you out a bunch.