Unanswered: Multiuser Form load delay

I remember reading a posting referring to this problem, but I can't find it. I have a split database in access 2000 format, but we are using access 2003 on XP Pro machines. The BE resides on a P4 2.4 ghz 512MB RAM machine as do the FE's. The problem is when a user opens a form and then a second user tries to open the same form it takes about a minute before it loads. The form lock is edited-record. If the 2nd user opens another form it performs normally. I found a similar posting where the person's server was slow. It seems like we have a good enough server, maybe not. We have 100/10 Ethernet NICs and a Dell 100/10 switch for our network. Thanks for any help.
    GG

I forgot that once the first user closes the form it pops right up on the second users screen.

Try running separate instance of ACCESS

If you create a shortcut to run the access database you can request to start a separate instance of the access database. Try that?

I found a solution. I had to keep a continuous connection to the BE. It had something to do with access trying to delete the .ldb file while another user is still using it. What I did was open a ado recordset when my main menu form loaded and kept it open until the program quit. Another way is to have a form that is always loaded bound to a table. You can use a hidden form if you don't have one that is always loaded. Hope this helps.