Thread: DLookup

santa clara

Unanswered: DLookup

I'm trying the following dlookup...

Expr1: DLookUp("[MIR1]![EST RED RATE]","[MIR1]","[MIR/ASP]=[art]![Rebate_Amount]")

But it keeps telling me it can't find the art!Rebate_Amount in the expression.
    If I use a static number like .70 it works fine. Why doesn't it know? I've accessed the same field in a previous field and it pulls up fine.

The [art]![Rebate_Amount] is a query.

thanks in advance.

I'm not sure I fully understand the situation, but it looks like you might be trying to use Dlookup for something it is not intended. I think you can only use dlookup from a single data source say a query or table. It looks like you're looking for "[MIR1]![EST RED RATE]" in table/query "[MIR1]" where the value of "[MIR/ASP]" = something. I think that something needs to be already there in the data source you're looking in. That's why the constant value works. If you need to discover an amount from a query I would recommend that you run that query and discover the value then plug it into the dlookup and things should run just great. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Florida, US
    I think you should put [art]![Rebate_Amount] section out of the quotation marks. Try this;
    Expr1: DLookUp("[MIR1]![EST RED RATE]","[MIR1]","[MIR/ASP]=" & [art]![Rebate_Amount])
    Last edited by ghozy; 06-12-04 at 12:26. Reason: wrong information.