Unanswered: Grouping in reports

Hi

I have a report which displays the details of any students meeting certain criteria (have participated in courses between certain dates). However, if they meet this criteria more than once (ie. have participated in more than one course) then their name will be listed several times.

What I want is for each student to be listed once.

I've tried setting a count total for the student ID in the underlying query, but this does not appear to achieve anything.

Can anyone suggest what I could do?

Thanks

frekster
    Last edited by frekster22; 06-13-04 at 02:04. Reason: Question not clear

Make the query a "Group by" query, this should elimanate any double accurances of names ...

Regards

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean though - are you referring to the "group by" option in the totals row? If so, I have tried this to no effect. I have also tried setting this to "count" which has worked in similar situations before.

After stuggling with this one for a while I found a way around it by removing some data from my query.

Thanks for the help anways.

frekster

The extremely Royal borough of Kensington, London
    Example,

Select *
    from tableA
    where studentID IN (select studentID from enrolled where enrolledDate Between [date1] AND [date2])
    Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk!
    Churchill: And Madam, you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly.