Unanswered: Crosstab like reporting

Hi,
    Got a slight issue mainly regarding the layout of a crosstab like report

We currently have a report that is produced manually in Excel by getting the data source from a number of different Excel worksheets and main frame systems. This has a hell of a lot of manual manipulation taht in the pass has led to some pretty serious errors. We want to try and replace this with an Access report but I'm not certain how it can be achieve.

I'll try and explain it as best as I can but a screen dump may be better, so I've attached one.

The report has avrious totals at the beginning and end of the report which I've managed to achieve by the use of Dlookup and various queries but the "meat" of the report is the part that's difficult to achieve.
    This part of the report is similar to crosstab or pivot table but has various text data and sub levels of data.
    There are 6 columns of data that only have data in them if certain criteria conforms to the column heading and also to the Row criteria. The data within these "cells" will then have info from a parent file but also various child records. Getting the coulmn & row data with just the parent info is easy enough but I can't figure out how to get the child info in the cell without duplicating all the parental info.

Any ideas or isn't this achievable?

Regards
    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crosstab like.JPG  

can you pull the data and display them as a table form? then use pivot table to display the 'crosstab'? that is entirely on excel.

it would be easier if the data are residing in the database. pivot tables in excel can simply extract external data source (using odbc) to create the crosstabs..

just my 2 cents.

Cyherus

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.

Tried using a form but the problem with using that is too see all the data I need to display continuous forms on continuous forms which Access won't allow.

I thik that the only way I'm going to be able to do this is by exporting to Excel and running various formatting macro's

Regards
    John