Unanswered: Updating a SQL table

Hiya folks,
    I very inexperienced in ASP (or any other internet based language) but I need to design a form in which users can enter data and then update the underlying SQL tables.

I managed to get a connection into db and can return back a recordset, using this recordset I can then create a standard html table (non updateable) and display this recordset.

But I need to be able to allow the users to change this recordset and post the changes back to the SQL engine.

Put very simply I haven't got the faintest idea where to start. I have searched thru the forums and searched the net but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for, so the search has been useless.

Any advice or code snippets would be greatly appreciated.

Love and peace

Your first recordset should be used to create an HTML page with a form. That form will have input values populated by your initial recordset. The submit button will submit to another ASP page that connects to your DB and executes some SQL. The difference being that this second SQL statement will be an UPDATE query and not a SELECT query (or you can execute a stored procedure and pass it the values).
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

After much looking around I did manage to find a method for doing it, which I'm pleased to say is the same as the answer you suggested. All I've got to do is code it!!

Thanks for your time.

Love and peace

Ps Doubtless I'll back!