Angry Unanswered: Toggle button on every record

hello

I have 3 toggle buttons in an option group (In/Out/On Site). If I click In on the first record and then go to the second, it resets!? How do I get the button to stick to the selected option on every record? Something to do with On Current?

Quote Originally Posted by raepepper
    hello

I have 3 toggle buttons in an option group (In/Out/On Site). If I click In on the first record and then go to the second, it resets!? How do I get the button to stick to the selected option on every record? Something to do with On Current?
    Is the option group bound to the table? If so, unbind it ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

OK so the problem has kinda changed, now it had stopped reseting (I wish I knew what I did right this time!! LOL), but I want to be able to select an invidual toggle for each record (y'know, like a class list/register/class roll). Any ideas!?!?

Hi! Thanks for replying. Nope the form isn't bound to the table but the results from the form will hopefully eventually go back into the table.

This it the on current I have:

Private Sub Form_Current()
    Me.AllowAdditions = True
    Me.AllowEdits = True
    Me.AllowDeletions = True
    Select Case StatusValue
    Case "In"
    Frame71.Value = 1
    Case "Out"
    Frame71.Value = 2
    Case "On Site"
    Frame71.Value = 3
    End Select

Me.cboDay.Value = Day(Date)
    Me.cboMonth.Value = Month(Date)
    Me.cboYear.Value = Year(Date)

End Sub

And here is the on click:

Private Sub Frame71_Click()

Me.AllowAdditions = True
    Me.AllowDeletions = False
    Me.AllowEdits = True

Dim strStatus As String
    Select Case Me.Frame71.Value

Case 1
    strStatus = "='In'"
    Case 2
    strStatus = "='Out'"
    Case 3
    strStatus = "='Site'"
    End Select

I don't know if that helps!??! I'm just really stuck so any advice would be cool.
    Last edited by raepepper; 06-15-04 at 05:11.

may I ask, do you have these toggle options set as fields in your table?

what's this frame71?

Cyherus

Hello!

Frame 71 is the option group (which contains three toggles as only one option can be true at a time). At current, there is are blank cells in my data table (which will be filled in when the toggle is clicked - but I think I'm ok with that (yes I am touching a lot of wood!)). So this option group/toggle buttons are not linked to anything as such at the moment, they are just on my form.

in that case, you will need to bind the option/toggle buttons to the fields in your table, to be able to tag to each record. just like text boxes, you have to bind them to the field in order for them to refresh/change evreytime you change to a new record. right?

Cyherus

Thanks for your help. I understand what you are saying but when I linked the frame, I wasn't able to click on anything. I have now gone back to a regular link/list box to the table column!! That is Much easier!