Unanswered: How can I find "strip size" of file system in AIX

Hi,
    I am working with aix5.2,
    could you please help me out ,how can I find strip size of my current OS?
    thanks

RAID striping can be implemented via hardware (such as a RAID SCSI controller) or via the OS (AIX). If implemented via hardware, you can probably go into the SCSI controller set-up or bios program to see the RAID stripe size.

If RAID is implemented in AIX, obviously you would check the disk management facility for AIX used to do the striping. I am not an expert on AIX, so maybe someone else can tell you how to do this if you have software RAID.

Hardware RAID (SCSI controller) is more efficient than software (OS) RAID.

The stripe size is set for a particular array, and not the entire OS.

Stripe sizes are typically about 32K or 64K (in my experience), but extent sizes for DB2 are expressed in number of pages (typically 4K), so don’t confuse the two. In other words a 64K stripe size would be 16 extents (64K / 4K page size). Extent size can be an even multiple of stripe size.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

every filesystem in an OS in aix (not relevant to OS) has its own stripe size, here I am talking about software raid.
    so use lsvg and lslv to find a screen full of information about the filesystems.

Generally the system admin and DBA work to set the file systems for containers(in an ideal situation).

regards,

mujeeb

mujeeb, are you saying that every AIX file system has a stripe size, or just the file systems that are striped with software RAID?
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Most of my experience that I have is that aix has logical volume manager.
    so we take 5 disks and they are our physcial volumns , then we make logical group according to our requirment , we also set physcial paritition and there will be 1-1 correspondence between pp and pv , because I am creating raid 5 and set the stripe size ( I forget that stripe size can be set at the logical volume level or at the logical group level).

we also mirrored the root volume group , but I don't care much about the stripe size at this level.

adding to that striped logical volume can be created on aix ver 4 and onward.

mujeeb