Thread: sql/hyperlink

Question Unanswered: sql/hyperlink

Hi everyone I have 3 tables (SQL table) one is the employees table and the other two are link tables for documents the tables have a one to many relationship. everything is running smoothly accept in my in my access form (which is the gui for my users) I can get the field names to look like a hyperlink but I cant insert the address. Since they are sql server tables thats not an option. Can someone help me out pls. I attached a pic of the drop down box to give you a visual of what I'm talking about
    is there a TRIGGER OR STORED PROCEDURE I could create for this maybe?? Do know VB so wsa wondering if there is a way I could bo it by using sql instead??
    Last edited by desireemm; 04-15-09 at 17:23.

Provided Answers: 54
    Could you take a couple steps back, and try that description again? I started to get lost after "link tables"!

BTW, nifty graphics!

-PatP

Sorry

I'm sorry what I mean by link tables is originally they had hyperlinks in them when they were created in an access 2000 db. what i did was import them from access to sql (access will be the gui) reason being is that we are out growing access and need sql for strorage and security. does that make sense???

Provided Answers: 54
    I'm still lost. What are you trying to do? Make the buttons "hot" so that when the user clicks on the button then something will happen?

If you have a working MDB file and put it through the MS-Access Upsizing Wizard, you SHOULD get a SQL Server database to contain the data and an ADP file to make Access work with the SQL database the way it worked with the original MDB file. Won't those do what you want?

-PatP

upsizing wizard

I tried using the upssizing wizard and I keep getting an overflow message, it wont allow me to proceed after that. Dont know what the issue is

Provided Answers: 1
    With SQL Server as the engine, do yourself a favor and convert your Access interface to an Access Data Project if at all possible.

SQL Server does not have a "hyperlink" datatype. The server will store the URL as a string. It is up to your interface (Access) to treat it like a clickable link. You should be able to set this as a property of the control in the form.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com