Hi I'm having a permission trouble and was hoping someone could help me out.
I'm doing a upgrade of two databases from 97 to 2002. this first one that just consites of tables converted fine, the problem was with the one with all the front end that just points at all the tables in the other database.
I have copied it to a machine which is completely seperate from the network that the orginal database is on so that I can test the code safely.
and since I've moved machine I'm getting a permission problem:
The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database.
To convert or enable a database, ensure the following:
* You must join the workgroup that defines the user accounts used to access the database.
* Your user account must have Open/Run and Open Exclusive permissions for the database object.
* Your user account must have Modify Design or Administer permissions for all tables in the database, or it must be the owner of all tables in the database, or it must be the owner of all tables in the database.
* Your user account must have Read Design permission for all objects in the database.
* Request that other users close the database.
I know this should explaine what I have to do , I have access to the administation account on the network, but I really need to move it over to this development machine. Does anyone know what I need to do to get around this permission problem,