I have two queries; QTY-PURCHASE and QTY-SALES. Each query has fields ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM3...and so on.

I created two forms based on those queries seperately. I then created a new form (STOCK) using the two forms as the subforms. In the subforms, i created fields to handle the sum of ITEM1, ITEM2....

In the main form, I then created fields to calculate the quantity of goods in stock for each item. It means, the figures in these fields change after each transactions (purchase or sales).

Since I need to keep track the quantity of goods in stock for each item everytime I open the STOCK form, I have to key it in manually in a seperate table (This table keeps the quantity of goods in stock for each item everytime I open the STOCK form).

My question is, is there any functions or ways that can automatically transfer the stock figures (that I always key in manually) into a table by pressing a command button (means that when click the button, it will copy the day's date and the quantity of goods in stock for each item in a specified table).

For your information, I have no experience to write programs in VB. So I have to use the functions/properties in the ACCESS. Anyway, I can understand some of the command since I have some knowledge in Dbase IV programming, PASCAL, COBOL and Clipper.

Thanx for any help...