Unanswered: the 1st page is crazy

I have a table which has an autonumbered field (SERIAL). Based on this table, I created a query which show data that sit in the specific range of the serial (say SERIAL>1000).

Then, I tried to generate a report based on that query. The report (except the last page) should only show 12 (not more, not less) records on each page. I added a group footer in the report setting the SERIAL field as the primary index in ascending order and then set the group interval two 12. The group footer runs the sum the qty of each item in each page.

The problem is, the 1st page always have less than 12 records and I can't figure out why it happens that way....

Any suggestions?

Note : The SERIAL should be in the increment of 1, but since there are always some records that need to be deleted, the SERIAL will be affected. For example, it started from 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,.... but when the 5th record is deleted, the SERIAL will become 1,2,3,4,6,7.... Is that the cause of the problem?

Provided Answers: 1
    How big is the report header?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Teddy, I'm not very clear about the word "big" for report header. Is there any way to measure it?

Provided Answers: 1
    If your report has a header of any decent size, it is obviously going to push the detail section of the first page down a bit, that's why I'm curious.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***