Unanswered: ORA-01654: unable to extend index SIFRA01.PK_BGWRX1RX2 by 62208 in tablespace TROAMEX

Seemingly my tablespace has run out of space however I take a look at storage->tablespaces->TROAMEX and fin several datafiles(dbf) empty
    I'm all puzzled
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by jicr74
    Seemingly my tablespace has run out of space however I take a look at storage->tablespaces->TROAMEX and fin several datafiles(dbf) empty
    I'm all puzzled
    thanks in advance
    dsfsdfsdfsdf

Oracle is asking for 62208 blocks of contiguous space.(about 480M if blocksize is 8k) It cannot find that even though dbfs are empty. You can use ALTER INDEX "table"."Index" STORAGE ( NEXT 20K PCTINCREASE 0) . or a variation of it. It will reduce the amount Oracle will ask. Setting PCTINCREASE to 100, for example will make Oracle double the size of its request, each time it wants more space.
    mota

I tried reducing the increase percentage on the former(ALTER INDEX "table"."Index" STORAGE ( NEXT 20K PCTINCREASE 0)) it was no use any other Idea

quick fix: autoextend

or, how about you rebuild the index with the proper sizing.
    if not that, drop the index and recreate with proper sizing.

Also, look into LMTs and ASSM. Using these together could help you avoid these types of problems in the future.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...