Unanswered: combo box with Calendar

Is there an easy way to have a combo box on a form that allows a user to select a date from a calendar?

thank you,

combo box calender

I'm not exactly certain what you are trying to achieve with the combo box, but you can try Active X controls on the "ToolBox" icon.
    There are a lot of controls that you can choose a particular type of calender function from. Some calender functions will look like a text field with a drop down arrow, that when you click on it, it opens out into a calender that looks like the Date/Time on the Start menu of your PC.

try the dtpicker.. this is activeX controls and you need to register it.

try looking for mscomct2.ocx online and save them in your system32 folder (XP OS) eg: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\

then type this are the run command:
    regsvr32.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mscomct2.ocx

after this you should have Microssoft Date & Time Pickers controls in the ActiveX controls toolbox list.

Yes, put the combo box on your form as well as a calendar control. The only time I've done this is when I hide the calendar but I imagine it will work either way. Usually to show the calendar I code a mousedown event for the combo box to show the calendar control and then code a click event for the calendar to put the date selected into the combo box and then hide the calendar after the click. Sort of like so

private sub comboBox_mouseDown()
    calendar.visible = true
    end sub

private sub calendar_click()
    comboBox.value = calendar.value
    calendar.visible = false
    end sub

calendar combobox

Here is the code I use in Access 2K cal = calendar cboDate = comboBox

Private Sub cal_Click()
    cboDate.Value = cal.Value
    cal.Visible = False
    End Sub

Private Sub cboDate_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, x As Single, Y As Single)
    On Error Resume Next

cal.Visible = True
    If Not IsNull(cboDate) Then
    cal.Value = cboDate
    cal.Value = Date
    End If
    End Sub