Arrow Unanswered: Use ODBC to connect to db2

I am trying to use VISIO do model db2 database. In order to do that I have to connect to DB2 using ODBC. How can I do this?. Your help is really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac E
    I am trying to use VISIO do model db2 database. In order to do that I have to connect to DB2 using ODBC. How can I do this?. Your help is really appreciated.
    Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC)

System DSN -> Add.

I think it's easy from there, let us know if you have questions.
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant

Use ODBC to connect to db2

When I tried to use ODBC data source Administrator to add a new connection, IBM DB2 (on mainframe) is not listed. Is there a way to add it to the ODBC data source? or there is a different way to deal with is situation?
    Appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac E
    When I tried to use ODBC data source Administrator to add a new connection, IBM DB2 (on mainframe) is not listed. Is there a way to add it to the ODBC data source? or there is a different way to deal with is situation?
    Appreciate
    Do you already have DB2 Connect installed and the database catalogued? As far as I know, this is the only way to connect to a MF DB2 database using ODBC. (Someone may correct me)
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant

Use ODBC to connect to db2

Jonathon: Thank you so much, I wasn't have db2 connect and I installed it. Now, I can see IBM db2 odbc on the odbc data souces. That is one step forward. I stopped there because I have another problem that ever time I try to create data source (using this db2 odbc) or even start CCA, I got SQL5001N does not have the authority to change the database manager configuration file.

Any idea what might be the problem?
    Thanks