Thread: ODBC timeout

Provided Answers: 4

Unanswered: ODBC timeout

Code:
    20:22:13 17-06-2004  | I          | [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire  | [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver]Operation cancelled.
    20:22:13 17-06-2004  | I          | [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire  | [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver]Timeout exceeded.
    This error occurs when I try to load data from a OpenVMS-box with OmniConnect, to a Sybase ASE 12.5.0.3 box, using a remote server that points to the OmniConnect-box.

The criteria for loading the data is a date. Usually it is today minus 500 days, but that causes it to crash. When I set the date to use 1-12004 till today, it runs without problems.

I cannot find any option or parameter in neither the ODBC-datasource, nor the remote server, nor the ASE-server. The errormessage is also totally unknown to me.
    All possible timeouts are configured more than sufficient.
    It could be something it the program that controls it all, but that is not very likely. There are several other departments in my comapny that have no problems with it, although they may have less data to retrieve.
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

I'm having a similar problem using Sybase 12.5.0.3, using a DataDirect Sybase OLE DB driver to connect via ADO 2.7.

I'm getting a timeout, but the ADOCommand.Timeout value is set to 0 (i.e. never timeout), and the lock wait time is set to 0 also (ie wait infinately).

I dont know where else this timeout could be coming from!!!!

Any ideas anyone?

Provided Answers: 4
    Oh wow...this thread's still active .
    I got past the problem, just recently. The application that used this OLEDBdriver now gets its data directly from an other Sybase ASE-server, instead of using OmniConnect.
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!