Thread: List Boxes

Unanswered: List Boxes

I have a form with list boxes on it and I want to be able to select items from the list box to view or populate another form and a table but each time I select the data from the list box it gets added to the table. If I change my subform to AllowAdditions = False I am stopping other functionalty that I have (ie this subform is used to show data in another form)

Provided Answers: 1
    So uh... you want to add records to a table from a list box, and when you select items from a listbox, stuff is added to a table....

???
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

When I had it written I thought it was confusing. I'll try again.
    I have an unbound form that has 4 list boxes on it. On that for there are 2 bound subforms.
    The details I select in the list box are pushed to Subform A and added to it's table. Subform B shows these details in a datasheet format as there is multiple entries.
    This all works fine but I also need to be able to select items in the list box and bring up the corresponding data in Subform B just for viewing to do this I am pushing the jobid from the listbox on the unbound form to the jobid on Subform A and there is a Master/Child Relationship between Subform A and B but each time I push that jobid to Subform A a new record is added ( which it should but I dont want it to) Hope this makes more sense it is very difficult to explain.

Thank God they have decided that the viewing functionality is not needed. No problem now.