Thread: query count?

Unanswered: query count?

Hi, I have a table with fields date, slot1, slot2, and slot3. but to simplify lets just say it has date and slot1. each day has five records and the possiblity of 5 different names. so for 1/1/2000 there are five records which may or may not have a name in the slot field. I set up a query with group by date, and count under slot1. It groups by date fine but if I have only one entry in the slot1 the I get 1/1/2000 6. If all five have names in them then I get 1/1/2000 30. I don't know where it's getting those numbers but obviously what I want is 1/1/2000 1 or 1/1/2000 5. Then in the real query I would like to have that for all 3 slots. and Ultimatly and to the exclustion of all the rest what I want is just a total of all the slots that are filled by date so if under slot1 I have two names and slot2 I have records with names and slot3 I have all five then I would get a result of 1/1/2000 10.
    Anyway, any help would be appreaciated.
    Thanks
    Raif

Right, So I swear to god I just left it alone for a while and then recreated the query and it works just fine. The only difference is that in the first query I had a couple other tables showing ( but not using ) because I was concidering useing them.
    Well alls well that ends well I guess
    Thanks
    Raif