Unanswered: Multiple data sources to one table

Hi,

I've hit a wall on this problem, perhaps one of you can point me in the right direction. I have a form that shows data from multilple tables. I want all the data visible to be saved as one new record in another table to make an historical record of the forms. How should I approach this? Yes, I'm kinda new at this.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    uh... that's a little bizarre... But ok..

You may want to make use of the DoCmd.RunSQL command. You could use it to trigger an INSERT statement in the After Update event of the form.

I will add that your proposal seems like it would create MASSIVE bloat and be rather cumbersome to retrive viable information from.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Maybe a little more background would help. I am creating an employee records database. Currently, people are filling out time sheets on a paper form. I have created an Access form using the paper form as a background image so it looks familiar to people. The user will select an employee and all the basic information (name, social security number, regular schedule, etc.) will appear superimposed in the right places to fill out the form. The user will then type in any overtime taken, sick leave taken etc. into boxes to complete the form. So far, so good.

The problem is, I want all that data on the form that comes from several tables and user input to be saved as one record in a new table that will form an historical record of time sheets. I don’t want the information saved in that table to update as employee records change. If someone has their work schedule changed, the old timesheets should still show the schedule they had at the time the timesheet was created.

Provided Answers: 1
    Oh ok, so you have a basic one to many relationship going on between employees and timecards.

That's no biggie.. You could use the DoCmd method in an onclick event for a button or something. That would be a bit easier.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thanks. Bob