Unanswered: Informational Warnings

DB2 UDB Version 8.1 AIX
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have a general question. Does anyone know how to keep an application from returning informational warnings. I have tried the DIAGLEVEL and NOTIFYLEVEL. Setting them both to '2', which should only return errors. I was under the impression that this only applied to the diag and notification logs, but I tried it anyway. Well, it didn't work. The user are using a third party tool and when they issue a delete they recieve the DB2 warning:

SQL0513W The SQL Statement Will Modify an Entire Table or View

Is there a way to keep these messages from happening?

Thanks,

Beck

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by beckdb2
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm?
    Geez, give us time to think!

IMO I don't think there's a way to turn them off, they'll always be available to the caller and you may be at the mercy of the 3rd party tool's handling of them.

Do you know what this 3rd party tool is using to connect? ODBC or JDBC?
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant

The 3rd Party tool is Ascential Data Stage. ODBC connections. My programmer said that he saw on an Ascential forum where the DBA stopped these from happening. The warning is definetly a DB2 SQL warning. Unfortunately, the forum didnt saw how he did it. Just trying to see if anyone had any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by beckdb2
    The 3rd Party tool is Ascential Data Stage. ODBC connections. My programmer said that he saw on an Ascential forum where the DBA stopped these from happening. The warning is definetly a DB2 SQL warning. Unfortunately, the forum didnt saw how he did it. Just trying to see if anyone had any ideas.
    db2cli.ini
    IGNOREWARNLIST

Bam!
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant

Thanks,

I believe we are on the right track. From reading the documentation this looks like exactly what needs to be done. I updated the db2cli.ini on the appserver with:

[common]
    IGNOREWARNLIST="'10504'"
    WARNINGLIST="'10504'"

The common section should apply to all connections that this client makes, but its STILL not working. Does anything else need to be done to make these changes take effect?

We made these changes to db2cli.ini:
    [common]
    IGNOREWARNLIST="'10504'"
    WARNINGLIST="'10504'"

And then rebound with:

db2 bind @db2cli.lst

and we still can not prevent the "10504" error from being passed to the application. Do we need to possibly bind the application? Is there anything else? Has anyone successfully prevented errors from being passed to the application, and if so, can you add anything to this?

Jim

The correct syntax would be:

[COMMON]
    IgnoreWarnList="'01504'"

(01504 instead of 10504)
    Rebinding is not necessary as DataStage connects at each job.