Unanswered: ComboBox Question

I feel like I should know how to do this but it seems to be escaping me at the moment.

I have an object, we'll call it assignment. It holds the following
    ID, int - Unique Identifier for the the object
    MemoID, str - The memo for which it is an assignment for
    ResponsibleStaff, int - Staff responsible for the assignment
    Due Date, date - Date the assignment is due
    completedby, int - Who completed the assignment
    completedDate - When the assignment is completed.

I want to be able to reuse a form, well call it fromAssignment. This form can be launched any of two different ways.
    1. Click on a list box of assignments, a temp assignment object is created the information for the respective assignment is passed to this object
    -the form is launched and the information from the assignment object is passed to the form
    2. Click on a add Assignment button and a blank form is opened.

My problem is that I want to be able to have the Responsible Staff and (if any) the completed by staff name displayed in the combo box.

The combo box is set to a value list and has a dynamically defined rowsource for the combobox. It is two columns, the first column is hidden. It stores the EmpID, the second one stores User Fname & " " & lname.

I want to look through each value in the combo box. where tempg.completedby (returns an int) matches the respective row. Have that be the selected row.

I hope this makes sense. Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

you can reply by posting here or my email is below
    mweyland @ mnqio dot sdps dot org

1,487 nibbles on this one huh.

To start with, do you have all the objects (including your new form) already in place or are you asking someone to show you how to create the scenario?

I think I get the jest of what you are trying to accomplish but I'm still not quite sure. Is there any way you can attach a small sample DB (with some data) to show us exactly what your trying to do?

Thanks, but I figured it out. I was just having a mental blockage on this one.