Thread: Update Problem

Unanswered: Update Problem

I have a form with several text boxes. I am using a query to populate all the text boxes on the form. The problem is I cannot update any of the text boxes. Whenever I try to edit a text box it comes up with this error
    "This record set is not updateable". Also, I have a picture on the same form that I used to be able to drag and drop but not anymore. Could someone help me with this.

Thanks,

DH

Provided Answers: 1
    What is the query? What type of dataset is it specified as on the form?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Here is the query-- Teddy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    What is the query? What type of dataset is it specified as on the form?
    SELECT DATA.[No], PICTURE1.Picture, DATA.Group, DATA.After_Change, DATA.EngineType, DATA.PartNomen, DATA.変更前, DATA.[Repair No], DATA.[Tool No], DATA.[GJ No], DATA.[RE No], DATA.Weight, DATA.[Fit Check], DATA.[Open Date], DATA.[Close Date], DATA.固資No, DATA.Remark
    FROM PICTURE1 RIGHT JOIN DATA ON PICTURE1.[Tool No] = DATA.[Tool No]
    WHERE (((DATA.Group) Like [Forms]![FIND_OPTIONS]![GR]) AND ((DATA.EngineType) Like [Forms]![FIND_OPTIONS]![SE]) AND ((DATA.PartNomen) Like [Forms]![FIND_OPTIONS]![PN]) AND ((DATA.[Repair No]) Like [Forms]![FIND_OPTIONS]![RN]) AND ((DATA.[Tool No]) Like [Forms]![FIND_OPTIONS]![ST]) AND ((DATA.[GJ No]) Like [Forms]![FIND_OPTIONS]![GJ]) AND ((DATA.[RE No]) Like [Forms]![FIND_OPTIONS]![RE]) AND ((DATA.固資No) Like [Forms]![FIND_OPTIONS]![HN]));

When I just use the data from the master Table DATA and populating the fields on the form I can update stuff and save. But when I use the PICTURE1 table and link it to the DATA table it does not work. Am I doing something wrong here?

Your form is based on a query that does not have a primary key or a unique index.