DB app => browser based for PDA's?

Hey all,
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am new here and have a question for anyone that thinks that they can help me out.

I have this Access application/db used for various management tasks in a company.
    I need to make this app. accessible from multiple PDA's out in the field over the internet/wireless so that employees can access the data and update it from the field.
    I also need it accessible from a regular browser on a PC for users in the office and this may/could have extra functionality to the handheld version. There are views to expand the user-base in the future too, unsure of the numbers of users that could potentially be using the system.

Now I realise (correct me if I'm wrong) that Access will not be the best for this at all. So my question is what technologies would be best suited to re-developing this app. for use over the wireless connections to a PDA?

PHP and MySQL? ASP? .NET? anything else?
    We are working on a budget so the lower the costs involved the better.

I already know and use PHP and MySQL but I am willing to learn whatever I need to, to get the best results.
    What are peoples suggestions?
    Last edited by d-jayż; 07-21-04 at 01:57.

A lot depends on your expected audience. If it is small and low traffic, you'll get one answer. If it is technically advanced (doesn't sound like your case), you'll get another. If it is the public at large, you'll get a different answer.

The problem is that there are so many ways to do what you want that it is really hard to give general answers to that kind of question. Too much hinges on the details.

-PatP

Hey, thanks for the speedy reply.

To start with the app. will only have several users both in the field and in the office with one db.
    However in the future there will be a group log in area and there will be seperate groups of users, each group having a seperate db.
    The number of groups is open, and the number of users in each group is open. However I don't anticipate that the number of users in any one group will go above say 20.

The app. will have a lot of fairly complex financial calculations and queries too, if that is something that needs to be taken into account.

Is there anyone around that can help me out?