I have an app which i am migrating from A97 to AXP. This app does a lot off checks and takes an hour to process.
So i created "shadow" applications that work together with the main app to reduce processing time.
1) main app start at the top and runs down.... to the end
2) Shadow 2 starts in the middle works up
3) Shadow 3 starts in the middle and works down
4) Shadow 4 starts at the bottom and works up
1) gets the recordset "Order by UID" ---> UID = Autonumber
2) gets the recordset "Order by UID Desc"
then moves to rst.recordcount /2
Using a dummy recordset moved 15 records ahead the make sure I dont get into the first batch...
Once this dummy recordset has found a processed record this 2nd shadow kills itself.
3) Gets the recordset "Order by UID"
does the same as 2
4) Gets the recordset "Order by UID Desc"
Does the same as 2 but starts from record 1
It should not happen that 2 shadows are working on the same record, but i am getting the error:
Runtime error 3218:
Could not update; Currently locked
I double checked all 4 databases set in "Record locking", so why would it be throwing this error?