Unanswered: Macros in two different workbooks

This is probably very straightforward but it's got me stumped..

I have a blank questionnaire set up as an Excel template. I also have a completely separate workbook which I use to collate the information (text and numbers) gathered by the questionnaires. Until now I have done this manually but have written a button-operated macro in the questionnaire workbook which opens the other database file, adds the new data and sorts it alphabetically.

The problem is that I need to save the questionnaire (the Excel template) to my hard drive under an individual file name every time I complete one and if I don't want to export the data before saving, when I later retrieve the individual workbook and try to transfer the data using the macro,the macro looks for the template filename which, of course, has been overwritten. I have tried to use ThisWorkbook and ActiveWorkbook to sort it out but no luck so far.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Aberdeen, Scotland
    Why don't you store the name of the workbook as a public variable if using a macro straight through without stopping.

If you have to reopen the workbook manually then instead of just opening it use application.getopenfilename, Storing the filename as a variable and trimming off the path by using a mid function to refrence the workbook.

Or when you open the workbook you could store the name of the workbook when opened immediatly by using variable =

or if you know what position the workbook is in you could refrence the workbook by its position.

Hope this Helps